President, Joyce Jordan, opened the meeting with the traditional elements of the program and then introduced Sandra Carrier, our Executive Director, who very emotionally and with great pride announced two awards from the Chamber of Commerce:
- The First – a plaque recognizing: Kiwanis Club of Carefree being a 20 year member of the Carefree/Cave Creek Chamber of Commerce.
- The Second – a plaque recognizing: Kiwanis Marketplace being voted by the Chamber of Commerce as “The Business of the Year: 2021”
Linda Wright, President Elect, gave us a report on :
- Starry Night (being held October 28th) having pre-sales of over a hundred tickets.
Joyce Jordan then introduced Tom Leard, Chair of Schools and Education, who introduced:
- CCUSD Team of Nancy Scott, Patty Jensen, Sarah Barela, Breanna Canto who thanked Kiwanis for our donations toward their school program needs;
- CCUEF (Cave Creek Unified Education Foundation) Team of Shea Stanfield, Luke Ackerson, Elaine Vallario, who thanked Kiwanis for our donations toward new teacher stipends;
- Annunciation School Principal, Sharon Pristash who thanked Kiwanis for donating funding for the Merge Cube Technology Program;
- Carefree Christian Academy represented by Kathy Haugner, representing Selene Nelson, Principal, who was thanking Kiwanis for our donation of funding for Chromebooks.
Alexis Popovich then introduced our Program Speaker, Pastor Jim Noble, who provided a presentation on “Neighbors in Need.”