Motto: Building Leaders
Pledge: “I pledge on my honor to uphold the objects of Builders Club. To better my school, my community, my nation, and myself. To aid those in need while enhancing leadership capabilities, and to encourage the fellowship of all mankind.”
- To provide opportunities for working together in service to school and community.
- To develop leadership potential.
- To foster the development of strong moral character.
- To encourage loyalty to school, community and nation.
To develop competent, capable, caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
Builders Club is an international student-led organization providing members with opportunities to perform service, build character and develop leadership.
- Character building: The ability to do the right thing, even when it might be the unpopular choice.
- Leadership: The ability to listen, communicate, serve and guide others.
- Inclusiveness: Accepting and welcoming differences in other people.
- Caring: The act of being concerned about or interested in other people or situations.
SKILLS WE DEVELOP
Learning Social and Emotional Skills
How does Builders Club impact those involved? It helps in developing important Social and Emotional Skills, which allows club members to understand self and develop meaningful connections with others. Club members learn to calm down when angry, initiate meaningful friendships, resolve relationship conflicts respectfully, and make ethical and safe choices.
The five core categories of Social and Emotional Learning are listed below. Builders Club members attain skills in each core area through participation in the research, planning and implementation of community service projects.