The Kiwanis Club of Carefree is a fellowship of patriotic, civic-minded men and women dedicated to improving the quality of life of children in our communities. Special emphasis is on service projects that focus on “Children Number One” through volunteer participation and community support.
The Kiwanis Club of Carefree Benefit Foundation, Inc. mission is to develop resources that transform the goodwill and vison of Kiwanians into programs that serve the children of the community.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the Executive Director to assist in organization and complete tasks that allow the Executive Director to focus on more advanced responsibilities. Duties include organizing meetings, greeting office visitors, composing documents, and recordkeeping duties on behalf of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to communicate accurate and essential information required by the Executive Director to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Interface and collaborate with Kiwanis committees and programs as needed.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in updating and maintaining records.
- Maintain official records and documents to ensure history and compliance with club, federal, state, and local regulations, as well as Kiwanis International.
- Responsible to deliver, collect and distribute mail. Bank deposits as directed.
- Scan documents as needed to other entities within the organization.
- Assist the Treasurers with accounting responsibilities, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Responsible to review invoices, reconcile credit card statements, member dues issues, and expense reports for proper authorization and print checks as directed. Collection of member dues, account receivables.
- Assist in the ordering of promotional items and office supplies as needed.
- Ensure scholarship documentation and transcripts are scanned and maintained in orderly system. Submit approved scholarship requests to bookkeeping and Treasurer.
- Assist in scheduling and preparation of October Board Retreat. Maintain reservations and invitations to additional guests.
- Assist with annual audit of Foundation and Club.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Strong written and verbal communication with diverse audiences and cultures.
- Strong bookkeeping experience. Online Quick Books experience a plus.
- Three to five years working experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.